Monday 23 April 2012

Welcome to my blog

...And so I would like to offer you a very warm welcome to my long over-due end of day trading blog...and I really mean EXCLUSIVELY end of day trading blog. If you after intraday advice then I'm going to have to disappoint you. You may as well leave now. I mean it, haha!

Here I will periodically give you trade set-ups, some market analysis and tips and tricks to help improve your trading. For those of you who know me already or if indeed you are my long suffering clients you do not need me to tell you why I have chosen this style to trade my own account and impart this knowledge onto. But for the benefit of those intrepid journeymen, who have come thus far, I will tell you why and the reason(s) may surprise you!

WHY END OF DAY TRADING RULES:
1 )You can have a life, leaving your money to work hard for you
2) You do not have to be glued in front of your screen all day
3) You do not have the emotional rollercoaster from watching your trades throughout the day like intraday traders
4) You can be in the opportunity flow with a lot less effort than if you were an intraday trader

I arrived as an end-of-day trader not be choice but by necessity. After making every mistake in the book several times over I realised that I wasn't actually that interested in trading. I mean, can there really be that much in pleasure derived in looking at a bunch of moving lines on a chart? I think not!

After losing money in the early days I finally came to the conclusion that even if I was still losing money intra-day by spending all day in front of the chart then I may as well do it 'part-time' end of day in the pursuit of learning and at least make up for my loss-making trading business in other ways (in my cases, writing!).

Through moving to the higher timeframes, not only did I find my market analysis clearer but the emotion of seeing the intra-day price fluctuations and flickering profit and loss balances was not longer there. Essentially, I could set my trades - and forget. To cut a long story short, I then developed a strategy, stuck to it and out of the net sum of all trades I did very well. I want to cut straight to the chase and be brutally honest with you, trading may be the best vehicle I use to further my capital growth. But I do not enjoy it that much.

You will never catch me talking about it down the pub, boasting about what I’ve made or trying to get sympathy for what I’ve lost. It just happens to be something I do to further my income and that’s that. I have other things in place to get my income. Writing is my real passion, travelling and e-commerce. My trading, with its end of day style, just happens to fit neatly into the background so I can do the very things I enjoy doing in the day and night. If you are reading this, ask yourself...is this the reason you chose to trade? To do more of what you want to do. You may as well.

In terms of my journey to consistent profitability, I am thankful to my mentors, in particular Kaye Lee, my colleagues and partners Jitan Solanki and Tom Franklin.

2 comments:

  1. Now find all top Indian stock market analyst with their stock market recommendations at one place

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a time to get stock market tips with 95% accuracy and stock market traders can get opportunity to get profit from their investing funds.

    ReplyDelete