Sunday 8 July 2012

AUDCHF now finally due for a sell?

As AUDCHF hurtles towards the fortified 10159 level of resistance that remains unbroken since 2008, eyes are open for a potential short! Even this price is currently above parity (a key psychological barrier on its own), we can see that the behaviour of price action over the past 4 years validates the 10159 as a far stronger level to contend with. As always, we trade what we see - not what we think and this looks like a very good 'supply' zone where we can pre-empt sellers coming back into the market.

A 1.272 Fibonacci extension also overlaps perfectly with 10159.

While you could be forgiven for simply waiting for a reversal bar to confirm a safer entry, I am going to place an order a little below the level to take advantage of the 'lightening before the thunder' and getting into the trade at the most efficient price in a bounce trade where not only is probability 70% in favour - the reward to risk is significantly more favourable than if it was traded as a breakout trade.



4 comments:

  1. Nice one Rob. Happy to say that this (almost) exactly the price I've been stalking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a good one, Rob, and like Adam I am pleased to say that I had a similar level marked on my chart. A little choppy out there at the moment, I've lost a couple recently (step forward, AUD/NZD Short from 2nd July!), so I like the look of this one, being at such a long-standing Resistance level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bear in mind that since the intervention of the SNB last year that this is basically a long EURAUD trade. The previous turn levels were put in before the intervention. I like the level but I'll be keeping a close eye on what the EUR is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been watching this Pair for a little while, and although it is early, today looks to me as though it could close as an interesting high test. It is a little south of the level you were talking about, but a line through the chart at around 1.0078 or so looks pretty interesting if you go back on the Daily, particularly Spring 2008 & 2010. Could be worth 1% of my money if it looks okay later on...

    ReplyDelete